Car Safety Tips For Safe Driving
Car Safety is more than just making sure everyone is wearing their seat-belt. Whether you’re going for a long trip or just around the corner, these car safety tips are sure to be of help.
HERE ARE 10 CAR SAFETY TIPS FOR SAFE DRIVING.
1. Plan your trip in advance.
2. If you are de-icing your windows never use hot water, it could cause the glass to crack and shatter
3. Remember that speeding does not get you there faster
4. Never get distracted by texting, eating and likewise, while driving stay focused on the task of driving safely
5. Keep a two (2) second gap between you and the vehicle in front of you.
6. When travelling on a road trip, make sure your vehicle is not a target for theft. Never leave road maps in plain sight and store luggage in your hotel room at night.
7. Always reduce speed while driving through a construction zone
8. Did you know? There are three main types of distracted driving: Visual (taking your eyes off the road), manual (taking hands off the wheel) and cognitive (taking your mind off what you’re doing.)
9. According to the Safety and Motor Vehicles experts, you shouldn’t leave your car in cruise control when driving late at night or when you’re tired. If you fall asleep at the wheel, your car could crash at the speed set on the car’s cruise control
10. The Safety Council reports that about every 30 minutes someone is killed in an alcohol-related crash. Every ten minutes, someone is injured. Never drink and drive; always take a taxi or arrange for alternate transportation